Draupadi Murmu Biography After much anticipation, the NDA announced its nominee for the 2022 presidential elections. After discussions between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the top officials of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Draupadi Mumu was chosen as the President-elect candidate for the Bharatiya Janata Party. The Presidential election date has been set for July 18, 2022. You can read the article to learn more about Draupadi Murmu’s Biography, Family and Age, Achievements and Religion.
Draupadi Murmu Biography
As her political affiliation, she identifies as Bharatiya Janata Party. She has been selected by the National Democratic Alliance, which is headed by the BJP to be their candidate for the presidency of 2022. She was previously the ninth Governor for Jharkhand from 2015 to 2021. She was born in Odisha, an Indian state. She is the first Indian to be nominated as President by a scheduled tribe. She is also the first Jharkhand governor to complete her five-year term, becoming eligible for reelection.
Draupadi Murmu Biography Early life
Murmu was born June 20, 1958, and is now 64 years old. She was born in 1958. She is from a family of village heads who were employed by the Panchayati Raj.
Biranchi Narayan, her paternal grandfather, was a Mayurbhanj native and lived in Baidaposi. Because she was a tribal woman, her life was always challenging and filled with obstacles. She had to deal with society’s tyranny, as well as a series of personal tragedies. She was a teacher before becoming involved with politics at the state and federal levels.
Draupadi Murmu joined Bharatiya Janata Party in 1997. She was the first female to ever hold the office of Governor of Jharkhand. She was also the first Indian woman to hold such a high position as a chief tribal of tribes.
Draupadi Murmu Family
Draupadi was married to Shyam Charan Mumu, a bank officer who died in 2014. She was the mother to two sons, one of which bore the name Laxman Murmu. He died in 2013. She lost her second son in 2009. In an interview, she said that her depression was a result of the deaths of her other sons. Biranchi Narayan, Draupadi’s father, was a farmer, known by his given name. The position of headman in the community was held by both her grandparents and her parents. She is the sister to Sarani Tudu and Bhagat Tudu, who are her brother.
Draupadi Murmu Achievements
- Draupadi was elected as Rairangpur district councilor in Odisha in 1997, marking the start of her political career. She was also Rairangpur Vice-Chairperson that year. She served for one year.
- After her victory in 2004’s Rairangpur assembly elections, she was elected to a ministerial post in the BJP. In 2000, she began her work at the department for transport, trade and fisheries and animal husbandry. She remained there until 2004.
- In 2004, she won the assembly elections and was elected to the Rairangpur seat for the BJP.
- She was elected the State President of BJP Scheduled Tribe Morcha in 2006 and District President of BJP Mayurbhanj. She held this position between 2006 and 2009.
- In May 2015, she was elected to be the ninth Governor of Jharkhand and she remained there until May 2021.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party, BJP, nominated her to run for the presidency in 2022.
Draupadi Murmu Latest News 2022
Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, stated that he envisioned a caring Indian Society. The National Democratic Alliance (NDA), chose Smt. Draupadi Murmu will be the candidate for the 2022 presidential elections.
This is a decision that took a lot of thought and effort, especially since Murmu has the potential to be India’s first tribal woman president. Murmu could be found in Baidaposi, an Odisha village located in the Mayurbhanj region. She is proud to be a member of a tribe and has worked tirelessly for her community. This has earned her much recognition.
She was also a member the Odisha legislative assembly, and served as governor of Jharkhand all her life. Since its inception, Draupadi was a member the Bharatiya Janata Party. Now, Draupadi is the official candidate of the Bharatiya Janata Party for the National Democratic Alliance’s 2022 presidential election campaign. This was agreed upon by the NDA at Tuesday’s meeting of the BJP Parliamentary Board.
|PROMS4U Home||Click here|