Duke Defeats Davidson in Exhibition Play The Duke volleyball squad beat Davidson 3-1 (25-23 25-23, 25-22, 25-22 16-25) in an exhibition match on Saturday afternoon at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Co-captain of the senior team Gracie JohnsonThe team was on top offensively, with 11 kills. junior outside the hitter Rylie KadelThe team scored 11 kills, which equates to .625 percent.
- Setter for graduate students. Devon ChangMade the Blue Devil debut and dished 26 assists over two sets. Camille NazorAdd 20. Chang also played the best in the team with three blocks on the net.
- Defensively, graduate student libero Madison BryantThe Blue Devils with 22 digs and two aces.
- Head coach Jolene Nagel‘s team scored .248 during the initial three sets and held Davidson to a .164 clip.
- Nagel was in her 24th season as her helm over the club before Saturday’s game.
- Lizzie FlemingDuke recorded his only single block, and also included two assists to his block.
- The first set was comprised of twelve tie scores as well as 4 lead changes.
- “I was excited to see our team show some resiliency today throughout the match. We were making errors on aggressive serves, but our team seemed to not let it rattle them and kept being steady in other areas of our game. We have eight newcomers to our team this year and I was excited to have the opportunity to see how we were going to work together. I was pleased with what I saw today with the engagement, effort, and team mentality throughout. Today, we were able to see a lot of our team in fun competition.” Head coach Jolene Nagel
The Next Match
Duke will kick off the 2022 campaign with the BYU Invitational on Aug. 26-27 in Provo, Utah.
#16 Lizzie Fleming
MB 6′ 3″ Senior
#7 Gracie Johnson
OH 6′ 0″ Senior
#6 Rylie Kadel
MB 6′ 0″ Sophomore
#1 Camille Nazor
S 6′ 1″ Senior
#10 Devon Chang
S 5′ 11″ Graduate Student
#21 Madison Bryant
DS/L 5′ 10″ Graduate Student
|PROMS4U Home||Click here|