Tomato Fever The new strain of the virus in Kerala is just a few days after a child was killed after eating a wrap of shawarma at a restaurant located in Kasaragod, Kerala, after contracting a bacterium called Shigella. According to reports in regional media, Kerala is already home to the occurrence of 82 cases of “Tomato Flu or Tomato Fever, and the number is expected to increase. The nature of the disease remains a mystery.
It is an unknown disease that is mostly seen throughout Kerala, an Indian State of Kerala. Additionally, it is not known whether the illness is caused by viral fever or is an effect of dengue virus or chikungunya infection.
The Tomato Fever has had the greatest effect in the towns that comprise Kollam, Neduvathur, Anchal, and Aryankavu All of them are situated in Kerala. To prevent the spread of the disease, Anganwadi facilities have been closed, and officials have launched awareness campaigns in smaller areas to spread awareness.
The Kerala Health Department is actively following the situation, as the disease affects children below five years old This means that it is a health emergency for the entire population. The town of Kollam was the location of the 82 cases that were diagnosed with Tomato Fever that were documented. The most alarming aspect is the fact that all confirmed cases involve children younger than five. All of them have been reported by the public health authorities.
- Omicron COVID Variant
- Covid Vaccine Certificate
- COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate
- Corona Vaccine Certificate
- Vaccine Certificate Correction
- Vaccine Certificate Verification
- Health Certificates through a Mobile Number
- Vaccine Certificate from Aadhar
- Cowin App Download
Tomato Fever Symptoms
Tomato-related illness is marked by rashes which are the size of tomatoes irritation to the skin, and evidence of loss of water on the tongue of a child who is suffering from the disease. Some people have stated that worms also appeared from boils.
The majority of the time children who are infected suffer from skin irritation, rashes, and dehydration. The appearance of blisters can occur in different areas of the body because of this.
The phrase “tomato flu” or “tomato fever” is derived due to the fact these blisters tend to be circular and are red which is why they are given the name “tomato flu” or “tomato fever.”
Though only a tiny fraction of Kollam is affected by this particular strain of flu State health officials have warned that it could also spread to other regions.
- Extremely high fever
- Aches and pains in the body
- Joint swelling
- The dimensions of tomato skins
- Itching in the mouth because of the medication
- Hands, knees, and buttocks discoloration are common.
- Some patients have also mentioned that worms have appeared from the blisters on their rashes.
Tomato Fever Prevention Strategies
1. If you notice any of these symptoms in the body of your child it is best to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
2. It is advised that children suffering from this particular illness consume plenty of fluids to keep their bodies well-hydrated.
3. The skin of the neck and face shouldn’t be scraped or rubbed.
4. Because it is a virulent disease, it is recommended that people keep an appropriate distance between themselves and the person who is affected.
5. The patients and the people surrounding them clean up is crucial to their well-being and health.
6. It is crucial to rest enough both during and after the healing phase.
Tomato Fever What is the best time to visit an ophthalmologist?
The best time to talk to a physician before traveling to a country that is developing before leaving your home. You should make sure that you’ve had the necessary vaccinations as well as pre-travel advice to ensure you’re healthy when traveling to the destination.
Contact a physician immediately If you experience any of these symptoms and signs after returning home. It is recommended to consult a physician who is specialized in infectious or foreign medical ailments. It will be helpful if inform your doctor of your trips.
- RCB Team 2022
- Kings 11 Punjab Team 2022
- KKR Team 2022
- Delhi Capitals Team 2022
- Mumbai Indians Team 2022
- CSK Team 2022
- Rajasthan Royals Team 2022
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Team 2022
Tomato Fever Common in Child
It is particularly prevalent among children who are in childcare due to the frequent changing of diapers and toilet training, and also the fact that young children frequently put their hands into their mouths.
While your child may be the most susceptible to foot, hand, and mouth disease in the first 7 days of illness the virus could persist within their bodies for several weeks following the symptoms and signs have gone away. It indicates that your child can still infect other people.
A few people, especially the elderly who are infected can spread the virus with no signs or symptoms of the illness itself. Within the United States and other temperate regions, outbreaks of disease tend to occur more frequently during the fall and summer months than at any other time of the year. In tropical environments, seizures can occur at any time of all seasons.
|PROMS4U Home||Click here|